1. Washington gubernatorial update: Gregoire leads by 10 votes in the manual recount. Take a look at the chart in the Post-Intelligencer article - King County is the only county where one candidate significantly gained votes and the other lost materially. The Washington Supreme Court has orderd the 723 'extra' votes counted. Powerline has a good post on possible skulduggery.
2. From Drudge: French teenagers mug Santa for more candy.
3. Peggy Noonan on why gifts for kids are so important.
4. Putrid falsehood exposed by LGF: Iranian TV runs 'drama' where Israelis steal Palestinian childrens' eyes. This will be the 21st century's Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
5. Will wonders never cease? Liberal Nicholas Kristof of the NY Times admits that the Christian right has really set the agenda on humanitarian causes while liberals have lost the plot. Evinces grudging respect for Sam Brownback of Kansas.