The CBS ship is taking water and listing badly. A few more torpedoes over the weekend:
- Colonel Walter Staudt who allegedly pressured Colonel Killian to 'sugarcoat' Bush's performance had been retired for 18 months as of the date of the memo.
- Major General Bobby Hodges (ret.) who 'authenticated' the memos for CBS:
1. never saw the memos
2. CBS had read him 'excerpts' over the telephone
3. did not 'authenticate' them.
- CBS was highly selective when deciding who to source for the story
- CBS doesn't have the original memos which makes their handwriting analysis worthless
Meanwhile, a CBS mouthpiece is still deriding bloggers as guys who write in their pajamas.