Monday, April 12, 2004

Luck o' the Irish and Scots?

The Hartford Courant notes a study showing the medicinal effects of Guinness beer -- potentially lowering heart attack risk and preventing cataracts. Nice. (Hat tip = Instapundit).

I noticed that the Instapundit says he received free "samples" of Aberlour A'bunadh (say: ah bun ak) while he was in Cincinnati last weekend. I want a bar nearby that offers free samples of $58+/bottle whisky (I lucked out because the seller up the block from me sold me a bottle for $51). The A'bunadh is cask-strength and very good scotch from a distiller that is not well-known to most casual Scotch drinkers in the US (they know Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Macallan, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, etc.; the only one on that list that's decent is Macallan, which is good; the others are like Scotch-for-Dummies).

Plus, it's a waste to give free samples of A'bunadh to Instapundit because he's an InstaWimp -- he said the scotch was too strong!

Hey Prof. Reynolds, I'm still a big fan!

No comments: