- why the Czechs out of all Europe specifically care about the Cubans; Vaclav Havel damns the appeasement minded EU led by Zapatero who wants to coddle Fidel
- Dick Morris on why Condi Rice is potentially Hillary's and the Democrats worse nightmare
- Ed Koch dressing down Newsday for a reference to Bush's 'simian lips'
- Arabism and anti-Semitism at UMichigan 20 years ago and Goldberg vs. Cole today
- the similarities between Bush and Lincoln - a taste:
...As I've mentioned before, Lincoln was constantly insulted in primatological terms. They called him a gorilla and "the Illinois ape"; they depicted him as hairy and stooped over, his knuckles dragging on the ground.
Indeed, Lincoln and Bush are two presidents who have a lot in common...
...After a Lincoln speech, a Democratic editor in Chicago wrote the following: "The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly, flat, and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."
That speech, my friends, was the Gettysburg Address.