1. How the looney Left is looking to take advantage of the situation. The following is an excerpt from a Daily Kos post caught by LGF:
We are making errors with references to Cindy Sheehan.
What are we trying to accomplish with promoting her?
Emphasizing her sacrifice.
Relate her vigil over her dead son to universal archtypes of all vigils over dead children killed by dictatorial rulers throughout all history.
My suggestions below:
1. We should call her “Mother Sheehan”. We should never call her Cindy; I don’t know her. “Mother Sheehan” is her title, and expresses her ceremonial status as a bereaved mother, calling forth over the dead body of her son. She is not a person now, she is a mother, which is not an expression of her individuality, but rather the expression of her eternal character: the mother, the bringer of life who has been wronged by state power.
3. We should use the word “useless” frequently. The death of her son is a useless sacrifise, done for the vanity of the ruler.
4. We should not use the name of her son. Her son is a symbol of all sons who have been sacrificed for this useless and criminal war.
6. The right will try to INDIVIDUALIZE and SPECIALIZE her complaint. We must try to make her cry the UNIVERSAL and ETERNAL cry of all mothers whose children have died at the whim of the tyrannical and dictatorial ruler, who has made the decision to push children to the front of the army for his own, useless purposes. We must seek to make this like funeral vigils over all time. This is not Mother Sheehan’s vigil, this is a vigil over the dead son, killed by the ruler for his own selfish reasons.
7. If there are any persons who are theatre professionals at the Sheenan vigil, they should arrange things much more theatrically.
8. If I was there, I would not let Mother Sheehan talk to the press, but I would have her talk only through a spokesperson. In particular, I would not allow her to argue with critics, and would allow no critics to approach her. Her dignity must be preserved. If lesser emissaries from the ruler arrive (C Rice, etc), these should not be allowed to speak to Mother Sheehan.
2. And for an idea of Cindy Sheehan herself from a note to Daily Kos (HT The Corner)
I do this for all of our brave souls (American or Iraqi) who have been murdered by the Bush crime family. I told my Congressman that he needs to speak out against the lies and murder, because I am going to...when George Bush killed my son, they finally killed the wrong person.
If anything I do can shorten the war by one minute or save one life, or bring discredit to the evil bastards in the administration, my life will have been worthwhile..and Casey's sacrifice meaningful...
We grieve for her family and Casey Sheehan but this is becoming a circus.