Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Morally Reprehensible Mom

Quite honestly, it's time for Cindy Sheehan to shut up and go home. A grieving mother who remained quiet for a year, she now disregards her family (she has two other kids and HAD a husband until she decided to take her grief public), and DISHONORS her dead son.

I find it wholly disgusting that I know this woman's name immediately, but need to look up the name of the hero she gave birth to just over 24 years ago, Casey. I find it reprehensible that this woman has twisted the honor and courage of her son, who volunteered for our all-volunteer armed forces, into a daily barrage of hate, lies and idiocy. I find her actions morally reprehensible as she denies the evils of Saddam Hussein and the Palestinian terrorists whilst trumpeting false allegations against US soldiers and the IDF. And I find her to be a shameless self-promoter of her own childish solipsism that denigrates the adult, responsible and self-reliant choices her son made.

She is a morally reprehensible mom. I hope neither my mother nor my fiancee would ever act in a similar manner.

No comments: