Cliff May from the Corner takes NBC's Today show diva Katie Couric to task for gratuitous stupidity in an interview with Ramsey Clark.
Katie: “Now to another big story going on in Iraq: the trial of Saddam Hussein. And an unlikely member of his defense team: Former U.S. Attorney Ramsey Clark. He is here for his first interview since visiting his client in Baghdad last week. Mr. Clark, good morning.”
Unlikely? Clark never met a butcher he didn't want to coddle. May helpfully lists Clark's list of former clients:
- Slobodan Milosevic (war crimes)
- Radovan Karadzic (war crimes)
- Yasser Arafat (Achille Lauro)
- Muammar El-Qaddafi
- Karl Linnas (Nazi crimes against humanity)
- Jakob Reimer (Nazi crimes against humanity)
- Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman (conspiracy to murder)
- Elizaphan Ntakirutimana (Rwandan genocide)
- Charles Taylor (crimes against humanity)
- Leonard Peltier (murder)
I can't fathom what drives Ramsey Clark. May he spend eternity with Idi Amin.