Tuesday, October 25, 2005

On Fitzgerald

Andrew McCarthy, former prosecutor and one of the best legal pundits writing today, on Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald:

...some conservatives are hitting the airwaves with preemptive suggestions that my friend Pat Fitzgerald may not be as apolitical as his press clippings indicate. In particular, I am being pointed to favorable comments made by Senator Schumer about Pat’s competence and integrity.

Let me just say this. Pat is at least as apolitical as his press clippings suggest. And just because Senator Schumer says something doesn’t make it wrong.

Pat Fitzgerald is the best prosecutor I have ever seen. By a mile. He is also the straightest shooter I have ever seen – by at least that much. And most importantly, he is a good man.

...The only thing the guy I know would do is bring charges or close the case without charges when the facts of the investigation warranted doing so.


I hope he's right.

No comments: