Thursday, May 19, 2005

The media hates the military...and George W. Bush

TM: It comes from, I think, a huge gulf of misunderstanding, for which I lay plenty of blame on the media itself. There is, Hugh, I agree with you, a deep anti-military bias in the media. One that begins from the premise that the military must be lying, and that American projection of power around the world must be wrong. I think that that is a hangover from Vietnam, and I think it's very dangerous. That's different from the media doing it's job of challenging the exercise of power without fear or favor.


TM is Terry Moran, chief White House correspondent for ABC News. The bit above is from a transcript of an interview Moran did with Hugh Hewitt. Click the link for the whole interview, Moran was candid and there's some very good give-and-take with Hewitt. Another excerpt:

HH: Are there members of the White House Press Corps, Terry, who actually hate Bush?

TM: I would say the answer to that is yes.

HH: And what percentage of them, do you think that amounts to?

TM: Uh, small, I would say, but some big fish.

HH: What's your guess about the percentage of the White House Press Corps that voted for Kerry?

TM: Oh, very high. Very, very high.

HH: 95%?

TM: Huh?

HH: 95%?

TM: No, I don't think that high. But I would certainly say, you know, it's hard for me, but I'd guess it's in...upwards of 70, maybe higher. You know, it's hard for me to say, but I would say very, very high.


So the $64,000 question is how can you really trust what the MSM writes about the military or the President?

HT as well to OpinionJournal who highlighted Moran's interview as well.

No comments: