Thursday, September 04, 2008

44

A long, rousing cheer for McCain.

"I am grateful to the President of the United States for leading us in these dark days after the worst attack on US soil...and to the First Lady Laura Bush, a model of grace and kindness in public and in private." A nod to W.

"We are fellow Americans...and that's an association that means more to me than any other." [to Obama] One gets the distinct impression that he means it.

"I can't wait to introduce [Sarah Palin] to Washington D.C." You get the sense that was just added after Palin emerged last night nearly as Reagan Reborn.

"I don't work for a party, I don't work for a special interest. I work for you." Not as eloquent as Obama's "It's never been about me, it's all about YOU" but 20 years of record in the Senate make Mac alot more credible.

"I wear his [New Hampshireman Matthew Stanley who died in Iraq] bracelet and think of him every day."

"My opponent wants to wish back old jobs that have disappeared- we will help them get new jobs." THIS NEEDS TO BE HAMMERED HOME.

"Education is the civil rights of this century." This one too.

Obama wants schools to answer to unions. I want them to answer to parents and students. Not as easy to do as it sounds but a basic but pretty important distinction.

He mentions strategic adversaries Iran and Russia- how did Obama skip that?

"I hate war." A warrior who hates war. Amen.

"I've been an imperfect servant of my country for many years. But I've served her yesterday, today and tomorrow."

"I was blessed by misfortune. I served in the company of heroes."

"I am not here to save my country in its hour of darkess. My country saved me and I cannot forget it and I am here to serve her as long I draw breath, so help me God."
I am not THE ONE.

Mac will never speak like Barack and he can't energize like Sarah Palin but what I think is effective is the uspoken question- who would YOU trust steering the ship of state? Juan Williams makes a great point: Obama says McCain doesn't 'get it'. But you get the sense that he does.

No comments: