Friday, September 23, 2005

Ahnuld on Parental Consent

Ahnuld made very clear where he stands on parental notification for minors getting an abortion:

"I have a daughter," Schwarzenegger said in an interview with The Bee. "I wouldn't want to have someone take my daughter to a hospital for an abortion or something and not tell me. I would kill him if they do that."
...
"They call me when my daughter falls off the jungle gym in the school and they say, 'What do you want us to use? Can we put a Band-Aid on it? Do you want to come in? She's crying a little bit.'

"They call us about everything. I don't want them in that particular incident not to call us."

If one of his daughters sought an abortion on her own, he said, "then I would deal with that also."
...
The measure would allow a pregnant girl to petition a juvenile court judge to waive the notification requirement.

[from an article in the Sacramento Bee which requires free registration.]


Governor Schwarzenegger, who is pro-choice, was discussing Proposition 73 up for consideration this fall in California which would would prohibit abortions for minors until 48 hours after a physician notifies a parent or legal guardian.

Schwarzenegger did backtrack in a follow-up that he didn't literally mean 'kill' the person but I think we know where he stands. Second best line of the week I think after General Russell Honore's "Don't get stuck on stupid."

No comments: