According to a Reuters report legislative allies of leftist President Rafael Correa have proposed a new constitution that will go into effect if a majority of Ecuadoreans approve it in September. Some of the notable changes:
- President would manage monetary and lending policy instead of the central bank which would lose its autonomy
- Create the concept of "illegitimacy" for some foreign loans
- Restructure courts throughout the country
- Give state the right to expropriate idle farming land to redistribute it
- Bans large land-holdings
- Bans genetically modified seeds except those approved by the President and Congress
Just SELL. Though its probably been sold already.